Alleged N2.1bn Fraud: Dokpesi To Tender Documents From Presidency
Posted: 20/Mar/2020

The founder of Daar Communications Plc, Raymond Dokpesi, may subpoena officials from the Presidency in his trial over the alleged receipt of N2.1bn payment from the Office of the National Security Adviser without formal contract.

Dokpesi and Daar Investment and Holdings Ltd were arraigned in 2016 on a six-count charge bordering on procurement fraud and breach of public trust by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission valued at N2.1bn.

But he said the funds were payments for broadcast of People’s Democratic Party’s campaign rallies in 2015.
 
At the resumed trial yesterday, defence counsel, Mike Ozekhome, sought an adjournment to enable him subpoena documents from the Presidency and some ministries.

Ozekhome told the court that they had previously written letters to the Presidency, the Ministry of Information and Culture and the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
 
Justice John Tsoho adjourned the case to May 14 and 15 to enable the defence counsel obtained the documents.